Who Will Win Today Match Punjab Vs Kolkata T20 18th Match Prediction
Match 18, IPL 2018
KKR vs KXIP Match Preview
Kolkata, April 21 at 04:00 PM IST
- After a thumping win over Rajasthan Royals on Wednesday, Kolkata Knight Riders welcome in-form Kings XI Punjab at Eden’s Gardens tomorrow. Both the teams seem to have found their combination and would be looking to strengthen their respective positions on the table.
- The home side, KKR ended RR’s winning streak at home with a clinical all-round performance. First, they bowled tight lines to not let RR batsmen break free and later chased the target down quite comfortably.
- KXIP, in their previous fixture, piped Sunrisers Hyderabad to end their winning streak of three matches. They were helped by a blazing first hundred of this year’s IPL by Gayle.
- Read on for KOL vs PNJ Dream11 Team News to find out who will play and the players that can miss out.
KOL VS PNJ TEAM NEWS
- Kolkata Knight Riders
- Kolkata look sorted with their playing setup.
- Lynn has been scratchy but is most likely to keep his place in the XI.
- No changes are expected in the KKR playing XI unless it’s a forced one.
- Kings XI Punjab
- Kings XI can make one change in their lineup, bringing in Axar Patel. However, it remains to be seen who he will replace.
- KXIP batting looks sorted for now. However, there may be slight re-shuffle in the order.
KOL VS PNJ PLAYING 11
Speaking of KOL vs PNJ Playing 11, both the sides are most likely to field their last XIs. However, there could be forced changes.
KKR Playing 11: Dinesh Karthik (c & wk), Piyush Chawla, Robin Uthappa, Sunil Narine, Andre Russell, Chris Lynn/ Cameron Delport, Kuldeep Yadav, Nitish Rana, Tom Curran, Shubman Gill, Shivam Mavi
KXIP Playing 11: Lokesh Rahul (wk), Chris Gayle, Mayank Agarwal, Yuvraj Singh, Aaron Finch, Karun Nair, Ravichandran Ashwin (c), Andrew Tye, Barinder Sran/Axar Patel, Mohit Sharma, Mujeeb Ur Rahman
KOL VS PNJ KEY PLAYERS
Kolkata Knight Riders:
- Andre Russell, Nitish Rana and Dinesh Karthik have all surpassed 150 runs for team KKR.
- Sunil Narine and Kuldeep Yadav have picked 7 and 6 wickets, respectively.
- Kings XI Punjab:
- Chris Gayle, KL Rahul and Karun Nair are top three batsmen for KXIP.
- As far as bowling is concerned, Mohit Sharma and Andrew Tye have picked 5 wickets each.
- Note: This KOL vs PUN Dream11 match preview is based on news sourced from various sources. We suggest you pick your playing 11 from the squad listed above.
KOL VS PNJ DREAM11 PREDICTION
- In your KOL vs PNJ Dream11 team, you choose either of the wicketkeepers – KL Rahul and Dinesh Karthik.
- The best choice batsmen to go with will be Uthappa, Gayle, Lynn and Rana.
- You can pick from Narine, Russell and Ashwin in the all-rounder category.
- The bowlers you can bet on are Mohit Sharma, Andrew Tye and Kuldeep Yadav.
Pitch and Conditions
The Eden Gardens pitch in the three games that have been held there has helped the fast bowlers a little bit and it’s will probably do the same again. The ball will fly through and good fast bowlers will back themselves to hurry the batsmen.
However while the Eden pitch provides some assistance to the quicks with decent pace off the deck, it doesn’t give them any lateral movement to work with, which means stroke-play for the batsmen is not impossible and if they are good enough to handle the carry that the quicks generate, they can score runs on both sides of the wicket.
Kolkata Knight Riders
Probable Changes – No change
KKR continues picking Shubman Gill in the XI, but not playing him up the order where he belongs to. Probably their game plan is to use Gill at 4 if they lose early wickets, else keep him down at 7 if the second wicket falls after the 8th over mark. While it’s not a bad game-plan from team’s point of view, it’s doing no good to Gill as a player who is struggling to find his feet in the lower order. It will be interesting to see what his batting position will be in this game.
The 4th overseas slot has been a matter of slight concern for KKR as both the overseas fast bowlers they have tried haven’t quite hit the straps, as well as they, would have liked to. However, in the previous game against the Rajasthan Royals, Tom Curran looked in nice rhythm and that would have been heartening to see for the skipper Dinesh Karthik. Curran with Andre Russell holds the key for KKR in the death.
Kings XI Punjab
Probable Changes – No Change
Aaron Finch was supposed to be dropped last game against Hyderabad after bagging two first-ball ducks, but Ravichandran Ashwin showed trust in the Aussie power hitter and persisted with him. Finch didn’t get much of a batting opportunity as he showed up towards the end of the innings and had only a few deliveries to face. The 31-year old remained unbeaten and is likely to be in the XI again tomorrow.
Punjab will also stick with Barinder Sran and won’t drop him for Axar Patel even if the latter is fit simply because of the nature of Eden pitch which is not spinner friendly anymore. Sran was fairly economical last night in Mohali as he tightened the snooze on the Hyderabad batters early on with the new ball and that helped Punjab a great deal in defending the total of 193 which was well within the reach of Hyderabad if they had got off to a flyer of a start on a flat pitch. The team management will expect another good show from the left-armer tomorrow.
Punjab is a strong batting side with some really good T20 stroke-players in the top and middle order, but their weakness lies in the lower middle order where there is no decent finisher. With Ravichandran Ashwin batting at 7, their tail is a tad too long.
KKR, on the other hand, is all sorted with their batting. They have explosive openers up top, good players of spin in the middle order and a big, hustling finisher in Andre Russell who can take the game away from the opposition in a matter of a few minutes with his crazy six-hitting spree.
With the ball, KKR has more sting in the pace department as they have quicks who can hit the deck hard. Punjab’s quicks are more about variations which might not work on a true Eden Surface where the ball will fizz, rather than holding up. Spin wise, both the teams have X-factor which can break the game for them in the middle overs.
Probable Top Performers
Tom Curran (Kolkata Knight Riders), Aaron Finch (Kings XI Punjab)
Head to Head
Matches – 21, Kolkata Knight Riders – 14, Kings XI Punjab – 7
The timing of the match: 04:00 pm IST
TV – Star Sports 1, Star Sports Hindi, Star Sports Select 1
Live streaming – Jio TV, Hotstar