IPL 2018 DD vs RR Match Preview: today’s match prediction Delhi Daredevils and Rajasthan Royals
Both teams were coming after loss while chasing. Delhi played their second game with their new-look team but failed to register their 3rd win of the tournament. Avesh Khan and Pant played well, their overseas players failed collectively. Vijay Shankar finally came to the party and almost pulled over the line.IPL 2018 DD vs RR Match Preview: today’s match prediction Delhi Daredevils and Rajasthan Royals.
Rajasthan were pushed down by the SRH bowling unit and failed to chase 151 at home. Sanju Samson was the only one who looked in good touch but he threw his wicket away failing to clear the infield. Rahane was scratchy, kept on running out of partners, and could not carry the team over the line, finishing on 65* in 53 balls. The overseas pair of Buttler and Stokes failed again, whereas Archer has been a big positive, picking up 6 wickets in 2 matches.
Delhi need to win all their remaining matches to qualify for the playoff and they play 5 of their remaining 6 games at home. Delhi would be hungry for a win after losing to Rajasthan earlier in a rain-truncated game in Jaipur.
Delhi Daredevils vs Rajasthan Royals
2nd May 2018
Feroz Shah Kotla Stadium, Delhi
HEAD TO HEAD RECORD:
Total matches played: 17
Delhi Daredevils: 6 wins
Rajasthan Royals: 11 wins
DELHI TEAM NEWS:
- Delhi have to win almost all match from here .So expect a good cricket from them.
- Glenn Maxwell poor form is worry for team.
- Boult and Plunkett hasn’t performed well in previous match but both are expected to retain their place. However there is slight chance that Plunkett can be replaced by Dan Christian.
- Chris Morris is ruled out of tournament due to injury.
- Avesh Khan is bowling well and Delhi will expect another good performance from him.
- Pant ,Iyer and Shaw all are in good form and Delhi hope lie on them.
- 4 Expected overseas player: Colin Munro, Glenn Maxwell, Plunkett/Christian, Trent Boult.
- Amit Mishra and Rahul Tewetia will lead the spin department.
PROBABLE PLAYING 11 OF DD: Prithvi Shaw, Colin Munro, Shreyas Iyer (C), Rishabh Pant (WK), Glenn Maxwell, Vijay Shankar, Rahul Tewatia, Liam Plunkett/Daniel Christian, Amit Mishra, Trent Boult, Avesh Khan
WHO WILL WIN TODAY MATCH?
RAJASTHAN TEAM NEWS:
- They lost the previous match against SRH due to poor batting performance done by them.
- Their bowling was good but their death overs batting let them down especially Ajinkya Rahane inability to increase its strike rate at his will cost them the match.
- J Archer shown once again his top performance
- Ben Stokes form is worry for RR team.
- Instead of Mahipal Lomror , Shreyash Gopal may come in the team. Rajsthan team dropped him in last match even when he is one of the economical bowler of the tournament.
- 4 expected overseas player are: Ben Stokes, Jofra Archer , Ish Sodhi/D Arcy Short , Buttler .
- There is slight chance that Ish Sodhi can get replaced by D Archy Short.
- Jaydev Unadkat ,Archer and Stokes going lead the fast bowling department.
- Openers: Rahul Tripathi and Rahane.
PROBABLE PLAYING 11 OF RR: Ajinkya Rahane, Rahul Tripathi, Sanju Samson, Ben Stokes, Jos Buttler, Mahipal Lomror/S Gopal, Krishnappa Gowtham, Jofra Archer, Dhawal Kulkarni, Ish Sodhi/D Arcy Short, Jaydev Unadkat,
Delhi Daredevils: L L W L
Rajasthan Royals: L L W L
PREVIOUS MATCH PERFORMERS:
J ARCHAR (3/26)
V SHANKAR (54)
CAPTAIN AND VICE CAPTAIN
- C MUNRO
- P SHAW
- K GOWTHAM
- B STOKES
- R TRIPATHI